This is impossible

Ive been trying for a few weeks now to get php installed. everytime I try a new installlation method the last step is to test it using a phpinfo.php file. It never works. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something on my computer that blocks me from being able to use php. help would be appreciated

Ive been trying for a few weeks now to get php installed. everytime I try a new installlation method the last step is to test it using a phpinfo.php file. It never works. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something on my computer that blocks me from being able to use php. help would be appreciated

Please explain the steps you took installing PHP.  Are you attempting to install PHP individually or are you installing a stack such as [W|L|X]AMP?

It never works

That statement is of zero use, because we are not standing right next to you. We only see the information you provide in your posts.

Tell us what it does do. A blank page? The raw php code appears in the browser? A php error? A browser error? A server error?

What URL are you entering in your browser? I should be something like http://localhost/yourfile.php

What is the exact .php code you are trying, show the opening php tag you are using in the file as well?

I asked you three specific questions that would have helped pin down if this is a problem with the server not parsing php code, with the php code you are using, or with the way you are browsing to the page. You only bothered to answer one of those, so don't be surprised if you never find a solution to your problem.

Given that you have tried different web server/php combinations with the same result,  best guess is the problem is either with the code you are using or the way you are invoking the web page in your browser.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.