Error trying to access httpd.conf @ Windows7

SuperBlue

I'm using the MSI installer, and i get this error when installing.

I've tried to alter the security settings for both httpd.conf and its directory, to "allow myself" to edit the file, which works when editing with notepad. However the MSI installer still seem to be blocked by windows, anyone knows whats going on?

To be honest, i find it quite ridiculous that i even need to "allow myself" to edit the file, windows has become totally bloated with obsolete security features in later versions.

It wouldn't let me save the changes that i made to the file. It prompted me to save the file with a different file name, i then had to delete the original, and rename the file i saved.

That was where i figured that i had to change the security settings of the file, and give my windows user account full access, (it was set to read only for some reason). Note that this account already has administrator rights, and is the only account present on the system, so it shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

The reason you are able to edit the files, are likely because you didn't use the MSI Installers, which somewhat speeds up the process.

Hrmmm perhaps.

If you ran the installer as the user you're logged on as though, that user should definitely have full access.

What folder did you install it in?  If you installed it in some weird folder, it could be inheriting strange permissions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.