Installing PHP 5.2.12 on Windows Server 2008 r2 64 bit with IIS7.5

Hi,

I'm struggling to get PHP 5.2.12 running on a brand new Windows Server 2008 r2 64 bit with IIS7.5.

For some reason I can get PHP 5.2.3 (thread safe) running but Wordpress seems to be very slow to respond.

When I switch to PHP 5.2.12 (non thread safe) which I have read is the better option for performance I get an error.  When I review the PHP error log this is the entry:

PHP Warning:  require(./wp-blog-header.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in index.php on line 17

PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in index.php on line 17

I can successfully call up the phpinfo() using PHP 5.2.12 (non thread safe).

Just switching to PHP 5.2.3 (thread safe) solves the problem and Wordpress works normally, just very slowly.

I'm really struggling to fine a solution to this so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I will be eternally greateful!

Thanks for the reply.

I've read that FastCGI is the best approach for performance so that's what I'm using.

I've now got PHP 5.2.12 (non thread safe) working but Wordpress is still very sluggish, I've even tried PHP 5.2.5 (x64) but it's the same story.  I'm testing the site using a hosts file entry and via RDC.  I've tested the exact same site on another server (lower spec) via RDC and it's 10 times faster at least.

I've tried the usual things like disabling all plug-ins in Wordpress and upgrading to the latest version but no change.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.