page redirecting error problem in cakePHP

devilincarnated

cake php issue

new to cakePHP framework... ;)

error shows up when a user tries to login to a site....he belongs to a new category which i have added in a drop down menu for the UI...i think i have made the necessary changes in views, models and controllers....not sure....u can suggest me the places or file i need to recheck......

a login controller file which calls home controller file....but it doesnt seem to call....it just goes on in an infinite loop....and the browser replies: problem loading page: the page isn't redirecting properly.....

the exact error

<title>Problem loading page</title>

<body>

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

</body>

can anyone help me out?

• 9 months later...

Ok, I solved it myself as well.

The permissions problem was on my /var/lib/php5 directory.  That was preventing session info from being stored. So when I'd log in, I'd get redirected to an "Auth" controlled page, but since there was no session info, cake tries to redirect again to the login page.  The loop should stop here, but it apparently doesn't.... Keeps on redirecting, redirecting, etc until Firefox craps out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.