cakePHP issue- fail to retrieve value from a dropdown box for view

devilincarnated

cakePHP issue

i have created a dropdownlist of values in a view....now i want to do a rent projection based on the selected values in the drop down. the drop down has values startmonths,stopmonths......so based on the value selected i want to call them in my new thtml view results file and display accordingly....

can anyone help me out?

now the problem i face is since i have written an array for startmonths and stopmonths as requested by the client for rent projection for particular period and passed through js the values to the php function....it works fine now......but now he wants to change the appearance of the front end again....it has got my mind boggling.....since the array i created for start and stop months wont get received in this new view file.....how do i call them? they wont even print out the selected value of checkbox here....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.