is php in different languages?

ohdang888

The internet by far has the greatest percent in English. Also, nearly everything that is a new word is an English word. Why? The English language has dominated the technological market for quite some time. Not just computers, also space terms.

Its actually rather funny, considering alot of languages (Not just European ones) have taken words from English.

Out of all honesty, learning English can only be a benefit as its becoming the universal language. About your French man who wants to become a programmer. Look at this statistic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_France

34% of France speak English. I'd be willing to bet that out of that majority of PHP programmers in France, that they are in the 34%. Similiar statistics apply to other countries.

Germany: 51% English speakers.

Japans only foreign main language is English (But can't find a number)

China is the same as Japan.

Austria: 58%

India having English as its second official language. (British ownership.)

Spain: 27%

These countries below have probably a near 100% English speaking population.

U.S.

U.K.

Canada

Australia

New Zealand

Also if you watch the Amazing Race you will notice that no matter where the contestants go, they can always find tourists for directions in /English/. Although sometimes they have to try several tourists but that might not only be due to lack of language.

So PHP doesn't need a language change, the person needs to learn a language.

PHP itself uses primarily English terms (excepting a few things like the "paamayim nekudotayim" [the double-colon, ::, scope resolution operator]) however coming with PHP 6 is universal unicode support so it will be possible to write code using unicode characters. That said, I would confidently foretell that the vast majority of code will still be entirely English (except translations, comments, etc. like today).

coming with PHP 6 is universal unicode support so it will be possible to write code using unicode characters.

I did already try it in 5.2 and it worked... I just did some basic testing though, some perhaps there are functions that will not like it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.