C++

Syn

I think I am posting this in the right section, Programming Theory being the reason why I think that. As posted in my intro post, I am new to PHP but I am a C++ programmer and I can't help but notice a lot of the code is almost identical to C++, IF statements, While, For, the logical operators and I know most things are just standard across the board but I was wondering if this is a OOP language? can I use C++ coding in PHP? I know everything isn't going to implement the same but so far what I've been reading it almost seams like review of an old C++ book that I have.

The similarities are because they're are both c-style languages.  You would also notice that other languages, such as Java, share many syntactical structures.

Can you copy and paste your C++ code into a PHP file and expect it to work?  Probably not!

Can you reproduce an application design and organization from C++ to PHP or from PHP to C++?  Most likely!

wow a nice joke  :D:wtf::confused:

well i font know of my part but i all languages that i know (3rd generation lang.) use from you mentioned statments. And forgive me but all statments have the same logic and all lang acept it...

I understand English may not be your first language, but what the !@#$ are you talking about?

wow, nice joke  :D:wtf::confused:

well i don't know of my part. But in all languages that i know (3rd generation lang.) use from you mentioned statement. And forgive me but all statments have the same logic and all lang acept it...

I understand English may not be your first language, but what the !@#$ are you talking about?

Sorry i am on a laptop (damn keyboard) the touch pad played some pranks on me.... will correct it. Not even i don't get what i wrote. :P damn keyboard

wow, nice joke  :D:wtf::confused:

Well i don't know of my part, but i all languages that i know, mean all 3rd generation languages, use statements that are almost identical (from you mentioned statements).

So forgive me to say it so boldly but.... you get the rest.

So... I could not edit the post  :shrug:::)  so i wrote it again.  :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.