HTML code trough php not working in mail(box)

cureheaded

Hi Guys,

I am at a loss, so I would like to ask for your help (first timer on a forum)

Situation:

I have a HTML(PHP) form with a lot of textfields. On submitting this a php script runs which creates a complex mail (HTML, attachements, ...) and sends it.

The method I use for (a part of) the body of the message is to create a string in php with the html tags (and using correct headers)

So the mail arrives and looks just the way I want it.

But here it goes wrong

this is a part of the html code I send:

$bl .= '<form id="admsend" name="admsend" method="post" action="mailto:me@myplace.xx">';
$bl .= '<input type="submit" name="sendadm" id="sendadm" value=" forward this form  " /></br>';
$bl .= '</form>';

so, it is your basic html mailto and it does show up as a clickable button, but is does not open a mailprog as it does when inside a brower.

Any ideas? ANY SUGGESTION is very welcome!!!

THANKS !!

C.

To clarify what thorpe and Dennis1986 are saying, it's not possible to to simply use a mailto link as the action on a form and make it send an e-mail, pre-fill in an e-mail etc. If you are using a form in that manner you will need to submit to a script on your page and use the mail function to send the actual e-mail, thus bypassing the users e-mail client. Alternatively you have a standard anchor link on your page with that title, which will open their e-mail client, this does not use a form at all.

For more detailed help we need more information to put the code you posted into context. Alternatively you can pick a ready made script for a few $'s if you wanted to for example Simple Feedback Form, or there are plenty of free tutorial about this around.

Hello everybody,

first of all. thanks a lot for your reactions. I read them carefully. Now I am thinking I did not make myself very clear or maybe I don't understand all you helpful people are sayinf.

So I am working from a webpage ande that sends me an email. Inside that email there is a form(created by passing Html as a string through PHP) . Inside my mailbox it looks a little like this:

(see image)[/img]

and THEN I just want to press the button INSIDE by mailbox (not on the internet) - which should result in sending a mail (or opening a new mail window with (only) this form as message.

thank you for helping me out!

C.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.