Server credentials

hackalive

Hi guys,

I am on the hunt for some code or method (that then I can write the code) that will allow me to do the following.

When someone visits mysite.com (as an example) I want it to trigger some code on a server (OS non specific) that then retrieves and displays to the user on the webbrowser the servers hard drive serial number, etc

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance

And the answer is, you will need to use system to execute OS specific commands which retrieve said data and save it into a variable. eg;

$hdd = system($hddcmd);
$serial = system($serialcmd);

The contents of both $hddcmd and $serialcmd are not within the scope of php.

Like I said, that question has nothing to do with php.

Most of the data you are looking for will likely be within the /proc directory or the output of ifconfig on Linux. I'm not a windows user so wouldn't even know where to start with it.

if you want to test out those command on your computer

go start, run, type "cmd"(without quotes) and on the dos window, type those command u like

they are the same in $cmd of system("$cmd")

but if u want to execute a program, your php will hang, because no result will produce, and php keeps waiting it

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.