What is wrong with this sql query

fraser5002

Hi,

Can anyone let me know what is wrong with this SQL query i am getting an error saying my argument is not valid

//
//
$query_accommodation="SELECT * FROM accommodation WHERE lat > '(base_lat - 0.2)' AND lat < '(base_lat +0.2)' AND long > '(base_lon - 0.2)' AND long < '(base_lon+0.2)'";
//
//

base_lon and base_lat have already been predefiend

e.g

$base_lon = xxx;

$base_lat = xxx;

Im basically trying to query my accomodation database and find all accomodation near to a base location

cheers

It should be:

SELECT * FROM accommodation WHERE lat > (base_lat - 0.2) AND lat < (base_lat +0.2) AND long > (base_lon - 0.2) AND long < (base_lon+0.2)

Enclosing it between quotes made it convert from string to integer which would result in:

lat > base_lat AND lat < base_lat AND long > base_lon AND long < base_lon

Hi All thanks for the replies

it seems to be a problem with the longitude part of the query as this is still not working

is it because the longitudes are negative numbers?

This works

$query_accommodation="SELECT * FROM accommodation WHERE lat > ($hill_lat - 0.2) AND lat < ($hill_lat +0.2)")

this does not work

$query_accommodation="SELECT * FROM accommodation WHERE lat > ($hill_lat - 0.2) AND lat < ($hill_lat +0.2) AND long > ($hill_lon - 0.2))";

like i said the longitude values in question is negative but why should this make a difference?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.