Setting up simple shopping cart. What company should I have process the payment?

tomdelonge

The only requirement is that the process is "transparent", meaning, the user stays on the website. I've looked into authorize.net, paypal, and amazon fps.

Paypal offers their "pro" version for $30/month.

Authorize.net would probably cost even more (not sure though)

I can't tell how "tranparent" amazon fps really is. Any experiences?

Just let me know of any alternatives you guys have used.

Thanks

I've gone with paypal and have never paid a penny for it (other than their standard fees for accepting payments)... my shopping cart has a built in paypal module that connects to them using my paypal business ID, accepts the payment and then they click on "return to gifts and dolls link and the transaction is finished.

My only beef with this is that it looks very unprofessional. It works, it works fine in fact, but it doesn't make you look like a very serious business.

If you are trying to look like a serious business, you need to think like one, in which case authorize.net is probably the best route to go. All on-site credit card processing, customer never leaves the site, really looks nice and it's fast.

Hope you have good credit though, I don't and they wouldn't accept me lol :P

I'm trying to help my client choose. Like I said, they want it to be fully transparent. It looks like paypal pro is transparent, but you have to provide the option for them to use express checkout. I think that will still look professional enough.

Anyone know about Amazon FPS?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.