Please help with connect Funtion

soupy127

Hi just wandering if anybody could help me edit this connect file so that it works with Loccalhost, root and duffers as the name of the db?

function setupdb($dbuser,$pw,$dbase)

{

$this->dbuser=$dbuser;

$this->pw=$pw;

$this->dbase=$dbase;

$this->db = mysql_connect('localhost',$dbuser,$pw);

}

Everytime i edit it i get errors :(! could somebody help me please?

{
$this->dbuser=$dbuser;
$this->pw=$pw;
$this->dbase=$dbase;
$this->db = mysql_connect('localhost',$this->dbuser,$this->pw) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($this->dbase, $this->db) or die(mysql_error());
}

Thanks for your help :)!! but wanted to know were to put localhost, root and duffers (which is the name of the database) do i have to remove the password variable as there is no password? i.e. tried this but got errors :(,

{

$this->localhost=$dbuser;

$this->''=$pw;

$this->duffers=$dbase;

$this->db = mysql_connect('localhost',$dbuser,$pw);

}

thanks for your help!!

Sorry im useless at this, is this what you where looking for? as when i change these values to localhost, root, duffers i get errors :(!

include "class.agolfhandicap.php";

$gh=new agolfhandicap();

// ######### Edit the next line to put your MySQL username, password, and database name. ########

$gh->setupdb('username','password','databasename');

thanks for the help again

Thanks for the reply :)!

When i edit the funtion to look like this

$gh->setupdb('localhost','root','duffers');           

duffers being the name of the database.  I get these errors

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'localhost'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\class.agolfhandicap.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined index: delete in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: edit in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 32

if i click the submit button i get even more errors :(!! please help if you can :)!!

thanks again.

lol thanks, i replaced it with this

$gh->setupdb('root','','duffers');

and still getting the errors

Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined index: delete in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: edit in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in C:\wamp\www\handicap system\agolfhandicap.php on line 32

thanks again for your help :)!!

soz that was the wrong class.file, as i have been trying to edit that one. here is the orignal, sorry again.

I think the script itself should be ok as I think a few people on this site have it working, just not working for me for some reason :S haha

i tried changing

if($_POST['user']){

$user=$_POST['user'];

to

if(!empty($_POST['user'])){

$user = empty($_POST['user']);

and the undefined error for user went away, should i do this for each of the variables? or is that coding wrong :(!

[attachment deleted by admin]

soupy127, notices aren't really big errors. Your code will still work fine though. You should always check if a variable isset as thorpe pointed out.

It appears that this is solved. Are you still having complications?

FYI: $PHP_SELF is deprecated. Either use $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] or omit it if you're submitting data to the same file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.