Storing actualy PHP code

adamwhiles

I have a site that the purpose is for users to be able to submit php code for others to see or help with whatever. I am currently inserting the actual code into a mysql, I know this is not secure but I'm looking for the best way to do this. All I need it to do is store the php code, then be able to view that code w/ highlighting etc. on another page. It works for the most part as is right now, just looking for a better option than storing in a database.

Also, it seems like that when the code is pulled back out of mysql the formatting(indents) are a little off, any suggestions there?

BTW, this site is not live so I don't have any examples to show you. It just runs privately on my local test machine.

I don't see any reason why storing PHP code in MySQL is not secure.

If you're storing the programming code in MySQL, then make sure you call mysql_real_escape_string() on the code before inserting it into the database.

When you pull the code to display in a browser, just make sure you call htmlentities() before echo'ing it.

To fix the spacing, place it within < pre> and </ pre> tags (without spaces of course).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.