str_replace problem

shadiadiph

Ok here is the reason I have made some code to turn the maxminds geocountry lite csv file in to an SQL file the. Reason I need to replace ' and also I need to replace , to an HTML code is because of those annoying country names like 'Korea', republic of' SQL seperates everythig by a ' and a , so i need to replace some ''s with an HTML code

I know there is a better way of doing it than swaping out the character, but I can't remember how it's done at the moment.  In about 9 ours I'll be back at my development machine, I should have some stock code I can post that does something similar to what you are trying.  I do hope however that someone else has the answer on how to set the sql_escape_character to somthing different.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.