Game Programmers Sight

gilgimech

i think i would work on dividing or spacing things out better. like grouping things up better.  maybe like with color or borders.

2 scroll bars dont look good

i would also add more stats on the the list of games on the homepage. like have the rating and times played next to it

i feel like i am still missing a few things

No offence but that's one of the worst sites I've ever seen.

comon dont be like that, pretty rude. Especially since its not THAT bad. He does have some work that needs done but dont just insult and leave. Why do you think its the worst site ever (which it certainly is not)?

not like your all black sites with dark gray text look good...

Made some changes.

http://www.netgamegurus.com/

Yeah, the stretching isn't gonna work, so I just made it fixed at 980px.

You're moving in the right direction.  Some thoughts:

You should lighten up the green color a bit.  I don't know if it's the same for other people, but the links are hard to read with the black text on the green background.

I'm not a fan of the font in general.  Some of the letters (like 'M') just look odd to me.  It's probably adding to my readability issues.

You should add some styling to your content.  Unformatted text and unordered lists just look lazy.  You need to streamline it a bit.

Still, miles above what you originally had.  Keep it up.

im using chrome and its telling me to upgrade to chrome. Its not a good idea to only allow certain people based on browser anyways. You could go with a warning message if you really want, but them seeing a messed up version of your site is better than not seeing it at all.

im using chrome and its telling me to upgrade to chrome. Its not a good idea to only allow certain people based on browser anyways. You could go with a warning message if you really want, but them seeing a messed up version of your site is better than not seeing it at all.

I don't think that's me. I don't have any browser detect for Chrome. I use Chrome 4.1.249.1064 for my main browser and don't have any problems with it.

I do have a browser detect for IE6. Working with IE sucks, so I'm narrowing down to 7 and 8. I figure, that if someone is still using and outdated browser that my site's not for them anyway.

Sometimes people just need to be pushed to upgrade.

Oh yeah did I mention the IE sucks?

No offence but that's one of the worst sites I've ever seen.

i've seen worse

but frankly, there is too much on this website. You should only ever have 2 columns. 3 is just too much.

And the gradient type bar you go going there is used way too much

i've seen worse

but frankly, there is too much on this website. You should only ever have 2 columns. 3 is just too much.

And the gradient type bar you go going there is used way too much

I dunno. Most sites I go to have three columns. Event this site (PHP Freaks) has three columns.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.