is there a better mysql interface than phpmyadmin

dsdsdsdsd

hello;

I have apache,php,mysql installed on my server;

phpmyadmin was installed as a part of that package; however I find that it is very stressful to work with phpmyadmin; it would be nice if it worked more like an excel spread sheet where editing rows is easy, editing multiple rows simultaneously is easy, etc;

are there any mysql interfaces that are better than phpmyadmin?

thanks,

Shannon

I thought about using excel/access, but I would most prefer  a solution that integrates directly into my apache/php/mysql setup, the way phpmyadmin does;

using excel/access constitutes an extra step in our workflow, more stuff to have to keep up with;

thorpe, phpmyadmin interfaces directly with my myqsl database; so a change that I make to a table via phpmyadmin directly updates mysql;

whereas if I am using an excel spreadsheet I would need to:

1 - save excel on my computer, as maybe .csv

2 - go to phpmyadmin and import the .csv;

excel is not interfacing directly with my mysql database, since excel is not an integrated part of it;

thanks,

shannon

thorpe, phpmyadmin interfaces directly with my myqsl database; so a change that I make to a table via phpmyadmin directly updates mysql;

whereas if I am using an excel spreadsheet I would need to:

1 - save excel on my computer, as maybe .csv

2 - go to phpmyadmin and import the .csv;

excel is not interfacing directly with my mysql database, since excel is not an integrated part of it;

thanks,

shannon

Access however could, still, access's interface is crap. I really don't see whats wrong with phpmyadmin, though I still use the command line and scripts myself.

for instance, let's say I need a new row ( with 8 columns ) that is a copy of another row, except for maybe one character;

how to do that in phpmyadmin ... many steps are involved, and most steps take me away from the main phpmyadmin interface, to some secondary page such as the "Run SQL query/queries on database" command-line page of phpmyadmin, or the Insert new row page;

so copying a row, and changing one character can easily take a minute ... now multiply that by 100 - not only is 1.5 hours gone, but I am fatigued from all the tedious steps;

so I was looking for something similar to an excel interface, where editing is done directly in the interface ( no secondary pages to navigate to );

the heidisql so far seems to be allowing me that, so I am optimistic ... does phpmyadmin allow that kind of interaction ... I am using 2.11?

thanks,

Shannon

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.