My New Website

Hey everybody! So the other day, I had a ridiculous Objective-C bug that I couldn't figure out. So, I went to the googles, and tried to find a good iPhone forum. But to no avail! So I figured there should be a directory of forums! I check the googles again, and there were like 2, but they were all 1990 looking, so, in my rage, I decided I would make a forum directory! Plus, I need to have my skillz start earning me some passive income!

http://forumwhitepages.com

Check it out, tell me what you think, feel free to submit a forum, or offer any suggestions you may have.

Thanks guys!

- Josh

Note, it was also my first venture involving WordPress, and I have to say, it is pretty nifty.

theres nothing that draws my attention, nor anything that tells me quickly what it is

-

under http://forumwhitepages.com/directory/ , don't write "review" in front of each one. if its not unique its not needed

-

ok so i finally found this:

Welcome to the forum dictionary! It may sound crazy, but a lot of people don’t know what exactly a forum is! A few days ago, I spent a good hour teaching my mum the ideas behinds threads and posts, just so she could understand the basics of what my site is about. Then my good friend Tom, one of the authors here, suggested that we should set up a sort of dictionary, to help people understand what a forum really is. If there are any items missing (I’m sure there are..), or if there are any discrepancies (I hope not!), of if you’d like to suggest a change for this page, please let us know!

people don't care about (for the most part) the story behind a website... they just want to know what it is. take away this story in this and move it to the homepage. don't make people look for it

-

Plus, I need to have my skillz start earning me some passive income!

Ehhhh. i don't see much potential for that in this site. But to each his own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually think this is quite decent compared to the others ive seen today.  Its not to colourful and the design is quite clean.  My main annotance is that the header image and the stretched background file dont match up properly...That annoys the hell out of me for some bizzare reason.  All that effort then that.  :)

Not at all :P

Plus it isn't my design, it was on some free wordpress template site :D

There is the problem, lol.  This is just my checklist, some of it may have already been covered.

• Change Forum White Pages: A Forum Directory to an image.  I assume its always going to say that so there's no need for text
  • Upon visiting the page, it looks like one of those generic page holders
  • IMO, you should change the inner div backgrounds to white, or a light gray, with white text.  Light text on a dark background is almost always tough to read because of the staunch contrast
  • The point of the site isn't obvious(I think someone noted this)

All in all, its functional...but unimpressive.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.