Can you please help me remove white vertical line between menu items?

Hi there,

I have been at this seemingly simple problem for 3 hours and I just can't seem to solve it - the answer is probably right in front of my eyes but on a site I am working on there is a vertical white line on the two menus on the left hand side.  If anyone knows what I have done wrong or how I can correct this I would really appreciate the help.  The menu works as a header - menu - footer and there is no space between the menu and the footer JUST the header and the menu.  The website is:

www. sillybandzcanada .com

Thank you so much for looking and thank you in advance for any help!,

(P.S. I know the blue menu items are too hard to read - they are supposed to be white but for some reason keep defaulting to blue)

Thank you,

Kristyn

Thank you everyone for your quick help!  Teamatomic - your suggestion of going from strict to transitional worked perfectly and I never would have guessed of all things that was the problem!

Ken - I am sorry for forgetting to post the code.  I am 1 week over due (pregnant) and  my brain is fried - I honestly apologize!

Thank you all - I am SO happy not to have to try another day to figure this one little thing out :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.