Site critique

codebyren

Hi guys,

I'm busy finishing up (hopefully) my one-page freelancer website: http://www.codebyren.com

I'm primarily a developer (as opposed to designer) so unfortunately my previous work is generally under the hood somewhere.  I do plan to overhaul the personal sites I have showcased once I finish up some development on them though.

So yeah, it's simple but I'd appreciate any feedback anyway.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I developed the sites that the images click through to - with the exception of OpenCart which i just developed a payment extension for.  I will fix the link to point straight to my extension as soon as OpenCart's extension upload system comes back online.

What I get from your feedback is that I need to clarify what my work is though.

Thanks.

if i was a potential customer i did not get a feeling you offered much. i understand you may not have a lot in your portfolio but you could work around that. maybe advertise more that you specialize in payment transaction and not a php developer. i am having trouble explaining it. you just do not have enough to show off your php skills, but you have enough to show off your good at payment transaction. the site looks looks great though!

if i was a potential customer i did not get a feeling you offered much. i understand you may not have a lot in your portfolio but you could work around that. maybe advertise more that you specialize in payment transaction and not a php developer. i am having trouble explaining it. you just do not have enough to show off your php skills, but you have enough to show off your good at payment transaction. the site looks looks great though!

Thanks, I understand what you're saying.  I've got a couple more design-oriented jobs lined up so hopefully I can add those in before long and illustrate that I offer more than payment handling.  Glad you like the look of the site though, it was the most tedious few hundred lines of codes in my life.

Cheers

I like your site its clean and clear and one of the better sites i've seen posted. One suggestion for continuity's sake... your photo should turn into color upon mouse over.

I agree with the hover suggestion.  The problem is that when it's in color you can see how hurriedly I cleared the background in photoshop.  Another thing to fix then.

Thanks for the feedback.

the stuff on grey are is unclear, are those the projects you have worked on? Doesn't seem to be so as one is some payment thing.

I still am asking this question when I visit your site. You shouldn't have to tell me on the forums, I should just know by visiting your site ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.