mail function with php5

jwk811

this code works on one site with php4

$subject = "Welcome to SportQuadChat"; 
$message = "Click this link or copy and paste the url into your address bar to activate your account: http://www.sportquadchat.com/members/process.php?action=activate&code=" . $code;
$from = "support@sportquadchat.com"; 
$headers = "From: $from"; 
mail($email,$subject,$message,$headers);

i used the same script on a different website with php5 and it no longer works.. i wont recieve an email pleas help

nevermind it worked when i just did the mail function alone. dunno why its not working with the added variables and stuff. ill figure it out

Could be as simple as an undefined variable or an incorrect call to the function. And to add to Thorpe's question, where is $code being defined?

Ah.. the last time this happened to me was because the new site's DNS settings were pointing to the hosting service's default IP instead of my IP address. Could be you reset the DNS to point to your IP address and it just took a few hours for that to be updated by the hosting service.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.