feedback please

ohdang888

So i pretty much have the homepage done, and before i continue with rest of the site i'd like to get that design and setup just right so its consistent throughout. (i haven't even put it on the domain yet)

Check it out here:

http://www.dailydealist.com/javascript_projects/blogAPI/site/

Don't register or anything, i've disabled it. But you can try out the form validation, etc.

I think i need more graphics but i'm terrible at them. blah :(

And if you could tell me your browser that'd be great, thanks.

i like i like... i do not care about the sliding navigation. it looks nice, but maybe have some more suitable content in there. also i think the logo could be a little lighter.

Thanks. that font is actually white... so you know of any way to have better contrast? I use gimp.

hmm. You shouldn't be saving as .gif, its clumsy. Use png's

Plus, since the background of the logo is the same as the page you can practically remove that. I suggest remake it (with the same design) as .PNG with transparent background using white colour. I'll help if you need

As a designer, I think that if you choose a font style (that is, serif or sans-serif), try to stick with it throughout the design. Or at least, don't switch between the 2 so often. You have body text that is a serif font and a few other pieces of body text as a sans-serif font, just looks unprofessional. You can use both, but limit it, and don't mix and match all the time.

At first glance the site isn't bad. But you should really read up on Typography... for advertising and web applications. There are numerous studies that track eye movement and how that relates to a persons state of mind and what choices they make while looking at a piece. The problem with your site is you have improper font sizes, headings, color, etc, that make ones eye bounce all over the place. Make all of your sections with one font type and color and size... all information below should also be uniform. Get some css going or something to make your readers attention go where you want it.... usually you want to answer...  where am I? > what does this do? > why should I care? > How can I find out more? > How can I become involved.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.