Where to start, what to learn?

BradD

Hey Guys: I'm probably asking the wrong people as you all seem to be pretty advanced in this php stuff and I will probably just frustrate you all.

Anyway, cut a long story short, I have been talking with a programmer trying to get some type of php site off the ground and I am quickly realizing that it would help if I had at least a little understanding of how this stuff goes together.

I want to create a simple 2 field form, have dreamweaver CS4 and have a basic understanding of how to use it "very basic"

I made my first step today and tested out server W/-

<?

phpinfo();

?>

Yeay! that worked... ::)

Do I need to first create a database to make a login form that will work properly? I'm finding it hard to figure out exactly where to start and what I need to learn first, any tips?

In reality, you really should learn php progressively. Starting with the basics then moving forward to more advanced stuff. Jumping all over the place learning this and that is a recipe for picking up bad habits and poor practices.

There's a free book/wiki in my signature (Hudzilla) that's pretty good.

In reality, you really should learn php progressively. Starting with the basics then moving forward to more advanced stuff. Jumping all over the place learning this and that is a recipe for picking up bad habits and poor practices.

Thanks Thorpe

I will bury my head in it.

I will use this also! Thank you!

Wow Dude! I'm suffering with information overload "lol" There is a lot of info in there, isn't there! My head is spinning man.

Wow Dude! I'm suffering with information overload "lol" There is a lot of info in there, isn't there! My head is spinning man.

Yeah, there probably is allot in there, but its programming, its not a simple task. Learning the right way the first time will prove much more beneficial than learning things the wrong way. Its always good to get a firm grip with the basics first, from there, its just logical thinking.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.