need help understanding mod_rewrite

doddsey_65

okay i have a htaccess file which reqrites

profile.php?username=username

to

profile/username/username.html

Do i now need my href links to point to the second url instead of the dynamic one?

I have done this and it loads the page profile/usewrname/username.html but the information

i am supposed to get from $_GET['username'] doesnt show up and its just a blank section.

This is a common misconception. I highly doubt you have re-written from profile.php?username=username to profile/username/username.html, you are infact doing the opposite, which means, yes, you should be chaning all hrefs to point at profile/username/username.html rather than the alternative. If the $_GET['username'] is empty try print_r($_GET), just incase you spelt something wrong, if that doesn't work then you will have to show us what your current rewrite rules are.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.