stop looping

scmeeker

I want to list the contents of my table but I don't want it to keep repeating and I'm trying to stop the loop but seem to be missing something that perhaps a more experienced set of eyes can catch.  When I try, it will only show one record and stop but I want it to list them all and stop.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Here is the code:

$get_items_sql = "SELECT id, title, location, deadline, brief_description, date FROM list WHERE MONTH(date) = MONTH(CURDATE())";
            $get_items_res = mysqli_query($mysqli, $get_items_sql) or die(mysqli_error($mysqli));
            if (mysqli_num_rows($get_items_res) < 1)
            {
                $content = "<p><em>Sorry, no items in this category.</em></p>\n";
            }
            else
            {
                $content .= "<ul>\n";
                while ($items = mysqli_fetch_array($get_items_res))
                {
                    $item_url = "list_detail.php?id={$items['id']}";
                    $item_title = stripslashes($items['title']);
                    $item_location = $items['location'];
                    $item_deadline = $item_info['deadline'];
                $item_brief_description = $items['brief_description'];
                    $item_id = $items['id'];
                    $content .= "";

$content .="<table width=\"693\ height=\"300\" border=\"0\"><tr><td width=\"200\"> <a href=\"{$item_url}\">
                    {$item_title}</a><td width=\"251\">{$item_location}</td>
                    <td width=\"109\">{$item_deadline}</td></tr><tr><td colspan=\"3\" valign=\"top\" class=\"blackfont\">{$item_brief_description}</td></tr></table>";
 $content .= "\n";
			}
			$content .= "</ul>\n";

I fixed it.  Thanks.  In code that was just above the code that's shown (the next line above), there was a curly bracket that needed to be switched from open to closed and one had to be removed from the bottom. 

Thanks Pikachu for noticing my missing quote too. Got it fixed.  It's a lot of stress on the brain learning PHP!  I appreciate all your help you've given me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.