Not displaying part of script

dean7

Hi all, the other day I posted the same script up but with errors, but today ive removed them errors but some of the scirpt isnt working i blive.

echo"<link href='regstyle.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><table width='400' border='0' align='center' cellpadding='2' cellspacing='0' class='table' bordercolor='black'><tr><td class='header'><center>Hit The Streets</td></tr>";

echo"<tr><td><center><b>";

$country = mysql_query("SELECT location FROM users WHERE username = '$username'") or die (mysql_error());

if ( $racer1 > $timenow ) {
echo"You Must Wait $timer1 Seconds Before Racing Again"; }
else {
if ( $country == 'England' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=chris'>Chris </a>";
}
elseif ( $country == 'Japan' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=jon'>Jon</a>";
}
elseif ( $country == 'Colombia' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=allen'>Allen</a>";
}
elseif ( $country == 'Usa' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=laura'>Laura</a>";
}
elseif ( $country == 'South Africa' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=ryu'>Ryu</a>";
}
elseif ( $country == 'Mexico' ) {
echo"<a href='?race=jess'>Jessica</a>";
} }
echo"</td></tr></b><tr><td><center><b>";

That bit of the code wont show the names in the table. It shows the table layout but not the names in the table.

Its not displaying any errors either.

I carnt accually see nothing wrong with that bit of the script.

can anyone see why its doing it?

Thanks

Thorpe is probably right, I didn't even notice that, but the first thing I noticed is that you aren't putting your connection into the query, which may or may not cause problems, depending on how things are set up.

In your first if statement, I see that you need to look into concatenation. For example, instead of

echo"You Must Wait $timer1 Seconds Before Racing Again";

it should be

echo"You Must Wait". $timer1." Seconds Before Racing Again";

That will also cause things to not show up.

And just my 2 cents, look into a switch statement whenever you have more than one elseif.

Also, the errors may not be showing up becasue you don't have them enabled..look into that too. It helps in debugging

Hope that helps

the first thing I noticed is that you aren't putting your connection into the query, which may or may not cause problems, depending on how things are set up.

Generally provided there's been a MySQL connection, PHP will know to use that link identifier if none is specified.

In your first if statement, I see that you need to look into concatenation. For example, instead of

it should be

Actually how he has has it is perfectly valid. Only using single quotes or referencing an array index would cause problems.

the first thing I noticed is that you aren't putting your connection into the query, which may or may not cause problems, depending on how things are set up.

Generally provided there's been a MySQL connection, PHP will know to use that link identifier if none is specified.

it should be

Actually how he has has it is perfectly valid. Only using single quotes or referencing an array index would cause problems.

Which is why I said it may or may not :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.