Checking an array for multiple kinds of values...

bluegray

Forgive my brevity, I'm short on time, and don't exactly know how to articulate this question.

So I'm going to have an array with different country names in it.  Call it $country []. 

Now I need to check the array for any non-U.S. country.  The array will always have at least 1 U.S. in it, but I need to know how to check for true/false the presence of there also being something else like UK, MX, AU, etc. 

Do I need to specify anything else?  Please help me, PHP addicts  :confused:.

What is the structure of the array you have? Can you post some sample data, or perhaps a print_r() of it?

Okay, so here's my goal.  I need to make sure a foreign country portion of the page is not displaying if there are no foreign countries (native country being U.S.) in the array.

here's an example of the $country array on a dump:

array(4) { 
[0]=>  string(2) "US" 
[1]=>  string(2) "US" 
[2]=>  string(2) "US"  
} 

So naturally I don't want the "Foreign" country section to display if there are no foreign countries.  However, there are alternatively some 40+ other country names to check for so I need a solution that scans for anything that's not the U.S. and then returns a true/false. 

Try this. If $non_us == TRUE, that means there are other countries in the array. Do these values come from a database query, by chance?

$non_us = '';
foreach( $array as $v ) {
     if( $v != 'US' ) {
          $non_us = TRUE
          break;
     }
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.