Delete data after a period of time

killuagdt

I am using PHP 5.3.2 with Mysql 5.1.47. I am wondering how can I delete MySql's rows after a 60 min? For example I have a table:

Table Clientip

UserIp    Time (default current_timestamp)

When an user go to the website, a row would be add (or update) to the table ClientIp. For example : 10.0.0.8 currrenttime

I have a cronjob to run a script each minutes but I do not know how to check if an user's time value has exceeded 60 min and delete that user's data using mysql_query. So could you please tell me how to do so? Thank you very much for your help.

$timeto = 3600;
  $timenw = time();
  $timeout = $timenw - $timeto;
  $exec = mysql_query("DELETE FROM table WHERE recordedtime<'".$timeout."'");

Except that MySQL stores CURRENT_TIME and all timestamps as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, not a UNIX timestamp.

Setup a cronjob (in Linux) or scheduled task (in Windows) to run a cleanup script. This is the easiest way.

Many tutorials on connecting to MySQL and running a query.  Then:

DELETE FROM `table_name` WHERE (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(`Time`) + 3600) > UNIX_TIMESTAMP()

Combine these two.

Chances are you don't pay for your server and you don't have access to the cron system.

Google something like free cron job system or something like that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.