resize, create thumbnail on image upload

kirkh34

i've looked for tutorials on how to resize and create thumbnails but i'd like to find one that shows how to do it all when the image is first uploaded....

i would like the image to be resized and stored as the "original" image...then also make a copy as a smaller thumbail...

can anyone recommend any tutorials or even better, write some very basic code and ideas to get this done...thanks

the major concern with cropping images is that the script cannot really identify the main focus of the image ie is a face in the middle, top, bottom, left, right of the original.  There are ways to incorporate image cropping into a site.

as to code, here is one I use. You will need to incorporate it into your upload script but it is realtively easy to do. http://www.nstoia.com/toh/imageresize.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.