Convert ascii

merlin371

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem trying to convert this string to UTF-8 encoding

組ですが、 中には5- 6本のおす すめ番組の エッセンス が、ぎっし り詰まって います。

I've used

$strTem = mb_convert_encoding($strTem, "UTF-8", "auto");

and while that detects the correct current encoding it doesnt change it at all and utf8_encode doesnt work at all, dont know what to use.

Sorry I'll give a better example, was reading again and noticed it makes no sense :D, look at this code

$stringer = "&#65";
$str = mb_convert_encoding($stringer, "UTF-8", "ASCII");
echo $str;

$stringer is A in ascii code, if i the code goes trough all the way it will of course output A on the browser but if you go look at the page source it's still &#65, were if i were to just replace stringer with the actual letter A the page source will show the letter A, what I'm trying to do is to get the script to convert the ascii code with the equivalent letter and output the letter over the code. If you get what i mean :)

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.