Read banlist.txt and ban

Username:

I wrote a script that inserts an IP to a text file called 'banlist.txt', it works. But how can I read the text-file, and for everyline of IPs, die and don't let them see the content?  I've got this so far

<?php
$file = @fopen("banlist.txt", "r");
if ($file) {
    while (!feof($file)) {
        $buff = fgets($file, 4096);
        echo "" . $buff . "<br />";
    }
    fclose($handle);
}
?>

two things.

first you should be able to read the txt file and put the IPs in an array and then in your code do something like

$ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

then run $ip against your arry and if there is a match redirect them to yourwebsite.com/yousuck or something

and second it would still be easy to access your website if you were ban by using a proxy

two things.

first you should be able to read the txt file and put the IPs in an array and then in your code do something like

$ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

then run $ip against your arry and if there is a match redirect them to yourwebsite.com/yousuck or something

and second it would still be easy to access your website if you were ban by using a proxy

>proxy

What's your point? Lol.

By using a proxie a user can change the ip the access your site via.

Most users will have a dynamic ip address anyway, these can change anywhere from weekly to hourly. Not much you can do about it.

Lol I know what a proxy does.

From my experience with networking a majority of people have static.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.