Database table to be incorporated into HTML form value=""

genzedu777

Hi,

I realised that it is possible to populate SQL tables VALUES out into html form?

Example

1) I have a table call 'country' in my database

2) In html, I have a

<form>

<input name="country" type="checkbox" id="Germany" value="Germany">

<label for="Germany">Germany</label>

</form>

3) If you realised, my value is currently value="Germany"

4) My question is, how can I literally pull out the value of "Germany" from my 'location' table and place it in my html form automatically, without me typing out the value for every single country.

5) Just imagine I have 50+ countries, I will require to type out 50 times the countries' name personally in the value="", is there a way to populate the 'location' table into the value="", thereafter user selects the country through what was populated from the database 'location' table and saved it under the user_id.

I'm not sure if you guys know what I am talking about, but will appreciate any help. Thanks

Wilson

Find code

//I hope you connect with Mysql
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM country ORDER BY country_name ASC");
echo "<form>";
while($data = mysql_fetch_array($sql))
{
echo '<input name="country" type="checkbox" id="'.$data['country_name'].'" value="'.$data['country_name'].'">
      <label for="'.$data['country_name'].'">'.$data['country_name'].'</label>';
}
echo "</form>";

Please let me know if you have any error.

Hi, I have a question regarding about this,

I may call forth the country name to appear in my HTML form, however the value which I would like them to capture is the country_id, instead of the country_name. Will it complicate the code, is it feasible? Thanks

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM country ORDER BY country_name ASC");

echo "<form>";

while($data = mysql_fetch_array($sql))

{

echo '<input name="country" type="checkbox" id="'.$data['country_name'].'" value="'.$data['country_id'].'">

<label for="'.$data['country_name'].'">'.$data['country_name'].'</label>';

}

echo "</form>";

oh okay,

Allow me to explain it properly.

In the database there is a "country" table. It has coulums of country_id and country_name.

<input name="country" type="checkbox" id="'.$data['country_name'].'" value="'.$data['country_id'].'">

<label for="'.$data['country_name'].'">'.$data['country_name'].'</label>

"country" table is a many-many relationship with "user" table, hence I thought of grabbing the values in numeric form, and place it in a new table called "country_user", that is the reason why I would like the return value to be in numbers instead of words.

Do you roughly understand what I am saying? Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.