Create free email system in mysql

mark103

Hi guys,

I am thinking of create an free email system by sending an messages using with a username. Would I have to store the messages via in mysql?

If I can do that, then I just curious that how would a user delete their messages if their messages is display on php page?

What method would I have to use?

Just fetch the row id's from your table 'messages' for the specific user of table 'users'

Than let them delete the rows from table 'messages' with the selected id, by using a form (with post method) which does a delete.

So you need a select query and a Delete query. also a table messages and a table users

Besides ofcourse a complete user registration and login system.

Just fetch the row id's from your table 'messages' for the specific user of table 'users'

Than let them delete the rows from table 'messages' with the selected id, by using a form (with post method) which does a delete.

So you need a select query and a Delete query. also a table messages and a table users

Besides ofcourse a complete user registration and login system.

Yeah, I know that I have to delete the rows from the table with selected id.

As I am not sure how to delete the messages on php page as there are no delete button included for automatically messages.

Here it is an example messages I get on php page:

subject: test message 1

subject: test message 2

subject: test message 3

subject: test message 4

As you can see, there is no delete button for each message on the php page. If I would have to add the automatically code that would adds the button for each message without the needs for me to input the code for each message then please post the example code that would do the method that automatically add the buttons for each message...

Thanks!

Uhm, i am not sure but if i understand you right you what me to completely code your stuff?

Why don't you just try to do the following. Write a script that fetches the messages from 1 particular user an post your php here. Ones we see that, we know exactly your table names. After that we can create a simple submit button that executes a delete query. A little effort from your side would be nice, since it helps you to learn this language instead of just copy and pasting someone's work. People here always helped me really good most often by just telling the name of a specific function or pointing me in the right direction. Besides that I am also still learning, but I am eager to do so. And what is the fun in getting the answers right from the start. If you just want a submit button in html

do this:

<form action="action_script.php" method="post">
   <input type="submit" name="submit"  value="delete record" />
</form>

Now this form will perform an action which is on action_script.php (so that's where your delete query will be)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.