How do I: have borders on cells with different colors for TH vs TD

Jessica

See attached image for example of problem.

I want to have a 1px border on my th and my td. I want the border to be a different color on the th.

The problem is the RIGHT and LEFT borders seem to take one pixel from the TOP and BOTTOM. Is there ANY way to do what I want without that obnoxious one pixel of the wrong color?

[attachment deleted by admin]

That's tricky! I've not actually dealt with this before, but one way you *could* deal with it is to put a div inside each of the cells, give the div 100% height and 100% width, then put your borders on the div. Though that may cause other problems.

It's looking like this isn't something I can easily fix with CSS. I can't find any examples of a table looking the way I want without that 1 pixel. (IE6 - for work).

I'm wondering about instead of using a CSS border on the TH, use a background image which consists of one pixel in the color I want, and repeating it from top right down? I need to play with this, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.