Animeaddict - Anime related site

Animeaddict

Hey,

I recently updated my site with a new design + code, I haven't got much feedback about it yet so all criticism is welcome

Animeaddict is a small (but growing) anime site, the main goals are: voting, commenting and keeping track of what titles you have watched or want to watch.

Most of the pages are accessible without an account, only the user page and some functionality like voting or placing a comment is disabled for guests.

The main language is English (.nl is a Dutch domain extension) but that is going to be changeable for users in a upcoming update.

url: www.animeaddict.nl

I'm not at all into Anime and generally don't understand the idea, but I have to say, that is a damn fine looking site. Not at all what I was expecting to see. Normally these sites look like there made by 20 year old kids.

This is very clean and modern looking. Well done.

I didn't adventure around too much, but yeah, an initial impressions...

• 3 weeks later...

i like it, easy to navigate, intuitive interaction, unobtrusive colour scheme.

only thing that made me twitch was the 'got addicted?' slogan, haha guess it would be a sin to use 'get addicted', duno how about just 'addicted?', to the point, which is what i like about the site itself.

Despite my username, I'm not too much into anime. I do think it's a nice design, though. The only thing I'd have done differently would be to make it more, uh, 'contrasty', for lack of a better word. That's just my personal taste, though; I'm a contrast freak.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.