Texelate - web design in Leeds

texelate

It is a very clean design but what it looks like is just a default template for wordpress. It really doesn't have anything on it that gives it it's own uniqueness. There is not a whole lot wrong with it just very bland. No excitement I don't know that I would even be intrested in reading more about your website because nothing sticks out to me.

Thanks,

Colton Wagner

• 2 weeks later...

It is a very clean design but what it looks like is just a default template for wordpress.

It doesn't look anything like the but thanks for the comment.

I thought you were being genuine until I saw the quality of your own site. Then I realised you must be joking. :) Hehe, nice one.

It's a very professional and high-quality website. Normally I'd suspect a theme or template at this point, but I can tell from your portfolio that's not the case. Well done! I don't think I have any improvements to suggest to be honest.

It is a very clean design but what it looks like is just a default template for wordpress.

It doesn't look anything like the but thanks for the comment.

I thought you were being genuine until I saw the quality of your own site. Then I realised you must be joking. :) Hehe, nice one.

Nice. Obviously you don't take criticism very well. Some advice: don't ask if you can't handle it. While the site does indeed look nice it does have that typical 'web 2' look. That is what I think Colton.Wagner was getting at.

Site design is very clean, professional and I am sure future clients will be impressed.

My only issue is the massive use of images, with things such as:

http://www.texelate.co.uk/img/v4/gui/homefeature.jpg

http://www.texelate.co.uk/img/v4/gui/home.gif

http://www.texelate.co.uk/img/v4/gui/footer.jpg

That can't be too healthy for optimisation or SEO. Why don't you turn to technologies like Cufon or Sifr to handle custom fonts?

Utilise firebug plug-ins like Page Speed and YSlow to check the optimisation and see if things can be tweaked.

Also that moving footer is nice functionality but drives me personally mad :P

Overall, nice looking site and good luck with the company.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.