Censored at PHP Freaks--Don't post about mod_security--shame

xtian

No flames.

No troll baby births.

I'm extremely disappointed with an action taken by a moderator at PHP Freaks. I posted on a topic only to find my post edited to partial first line the next day. Believing this my own mistake I later found my second, complete post, deleted--leaving only my incomplete post.

X

hmm...not sure about the alleged deleted post but as for the "edited" part...if a mod or admin edits your post, it will have a note at the bottom of the post.  This is something automatically put at the bottom of the post by the SMF software.  Only way to get around that is for someone with direct database access to edit your post from there - something I find highly unlikely someone did.  And you would have more than likely received a warning about it.  The point being, I've never known the phpf staff to ninja edit posts like that (for "regular" reasons anyways...)

More than likely you posted something that may have bugged SMF software or maybe it really was a foresight on your end.

NOTE: see the "edited" comment below in this post: you would see the same thing in your post if it was edited.

Your post was never edited. On the first day, you had two posts, I removed the later of the two.

The very next day you added another post, it was also removed.

It is against our rules to post the same or similar questions in multiple threads. You should have received PM's about these posts being removed.

The very next day you added another post, it was also removed.

...leaving the original incomplete post--half of a sentence compared to the replacement four paragraph post. From my perspective, I returned to phpfreaks the next day, believing I had mistakenly posted only one line of my original post, I commented with an apology and reposted. This reposted--complete--post was then deleted.

Each time the admin's correction failed me and the community by deleting the corrected complete post and leaving the incomplete post. I understand this for the first deletion. The admin sees a duplicate and deletes the newer, believing the older is already begun. However, deleting the third post, I can not understand why it would not occur to read the post. A simple cursory glance would reveal  an incomplete thought.

The warning PM did not mention the deletions. Again, from my perspective, I see only the persistent block to my attempts to correct my mistake.

It smacks of willfulness to me-- ignoring my apology and continuing to punish my mistake.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, my first day, I had a similar problem. My post was randomly moved ene though it was pretty much on topic.

Mods are very active here, and love to use their power without thinking.

Just be extremely specific with your posts. Assume any mistake will get your post moved, deleted.. Mods here leave no breathing room.

Yes, my first day, I had a similar problem. My post was randomly moved ene though it was pretty much on topic.

Just be extremely specific with your posts. Assume any mistake will get your post moved, deleted.. Mods here leave no breathing room.

That is a blatant lie. You posted in the wrong board, its not rocket science.

Nearly as much as newcomers like posting wherever they like without thinking.

You asked where to find a desktop application (html editor) in a board with a topic of "Help with HTML". I don't see ANY relation.

What's so bad about your post getting moved to the right topic? You got an answer regardless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.