Mysql and PHP code has problems in MYSQL_fetch_array() pls help urgent

skmit87

Hi All,

i am facing the following issue in my code below:

$dbQuery = "SELECT * from product where Title=\"$blobId\"";

$query_result=mysql_query($dbQuery) or die (mysql_error());

echo $query_result; //I see that a "resource Id 2 is coming up

$result =  mysql_fetch_array($query_result) or die('no such data') ; //Its always saying no such data though the above query works fine in MYSQL command prompt.

If you see the Mysql_fetch_arraly always goes into the die mode. It is to be noted that the above query works in Mysql command prompt. Also the $query_result has value as resource id #2. What seems to be the problem here kindly guide me...

Since you are getting a resource from mysql_query(), the query is execting successfully -- there are no syntax errors.

Since mysql_fetch_array() is returning false on the first call, the query returned zero rows.  Are you sure that $blobId contains what you think it does?  Try echoing out $dbQuery before you execute it. Then copy and paste into your mySql command prompt. It could be that $blobId has trailing spaces or newlines or something else that you did not type at the command prompt. You might try using trim() on the $blobId before putting it in the query.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.