Best way to store parsed XML

arrayGen

Hello All

I am parsing XML that contains items which can superceed other items but the items that they superceed will still remain in the XML.

e.g.

item 1 (primary)

item 2 (primary)

item 3 (primary)

item 4 (superceeds primary item 1)

currently i check to see if any item has been add that is the same as any other item and if it has a higher XML DEFINED id i drop the other item and add this one.

Thanks

The only question you asked ("[how] to store parsed XML") doesn't quite agree with what your post says. Are you asking about a good way to write the XML? First one I thought of was

With XPath you can easily get all the s so the nesting isn't a problem.

But if that's what you were asking about, it begs the question: what does it have to do with MySQL?

sorry i don't think i explained well enough, basically i have an XML stream url or whatever im reading on a cron.

If they add a new item to that XML Broadcast and it is meant to replace an existing XML ITEM what should i do ? Bear in mind that they dont drop the old one in there XML they keep that too but i dont care about wwhat its superceeded.

1. just add the new item and leave the old one or get rid of the one it has superceeded, eg for example an appointment that was made for a time block and then another appointment that superceeds it.

I dont care about the ones that have been superceeded so im just dropping them ????

what would you do

PS Im storing the parsed XML in Mysql Table format normal schema not XML

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.