Debugging Log requirement how to help

scrtmtl

Hi,

I create a mysql database called calendar with phpmyadmin. In the installation of the application, I click check connection. I got good news that DB successfully connected. Newbie to mysql and sql.

I am having some problems and thus decided to create a log file witn a brand new install. of the application. I  come across this data entry:

SQL Log File  INPUT FIELD

Example: /var/log/calendarsql.log

OPTIONAL. Put a name of a (folder and) file where the calendar logs every SQL query to the database.

This is good for debugging.

If left blank ("") no log will be kept. That's the default.

I enter var/log/calendarsql.log and click  the save configuration button to receive the following:

Could not open the SQL Log File for writing. Make sure the Web server has access to write to that location.

Error: fopen(/var/log/calendarsql.log) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory.

1) Where and what do I use to create such a file or directory. Cluesless, for I do not even know what kinda preparation I have to do prior to clicking save configuration in the installation of the application. I have created a DB called calendar in PHPmyadmin. OH, calendar is a mysql DB with no tables.

Do I create a calendarsql.log? Why /var/log/ path? I do not think it is a DB they want. Any ideas?  Why could they just create a text file and thus I believe there is more to it. tx

----Unrelated 2nd Question-------

User ID Regular Expression /^[A-Za-z][\._A-Za-z0-9\-\\]{1,49}$/

The regular expression entered for 'User ID Regular Expression' is invalid.

Error: preg_match() [<a href='function.preg-match'>function.preg-match</a>]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash

Looking at the required expression input, I entered useridauth and I am surprise I did not enter a vaild input. Any character or number with length between 1 to 49.should be valid with \-accepted ... It been ages I look at regexp and what was invalid with useridauth as my input? tx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.