Hosting recommendations

TripRev

Hi all, I'm looking to buy some hosting to transfer some domains to and manage sites on. Every time I think I've made a decision, I read a horror story that puts me off. I'm not ready for dedicated hosting yet but was wondering your opinions on the best deals on shared Linux hosting. I'm in the UK so would prefer a UK-based host but it is not essential. I do however need to be able to transfer .co.uk domains to them... I just purchased a month with GoDaddy and then discovered they don't accept .uk domains so I will be cancelling and trying to get a refund :(

Main things I want are the ability to manage multiple sites/domains with the same hosting package, some mySQL databases and reliable performance for under the £10 ($15) per month mark. There are so many conflicting reviews out there, it's a minefield. I've been using a host called streamline.net for a long time and their performance and service support is terrible. Can't wait to get away from them.

Thanks to anyone who can make any suggestions.

T