need urgrent help

karimali831

All of a sudden, my website is having constant load because apparently my website is causing high overload all because of this annoying script:

session_name('ws_session');
session_start();
?>

My webhost is saying they will suspend if I do not resolve, what am I suppose to do? I wasn't doing any development at the time, didn't make any changes at all.. it just started occuring.

Now it seems there is a session problem, it is my CMS or my host? How can I find out?

Have you searched for and/or asked about this problem on the Webspell CMS site?

If the problem is session related, then either -

1) There are too many session data files in a folder (the max the operating system can store in one folder) and/or session garbage collection is not running to clean out old data files or the session data is being stored in a database and there are is no index and/or old records are not being cleaned out or a query error is occurring or the database server is experiencing a problem,

2) The disk where the session data files are being stored is full or is experiencing disk errors,

3) The session data file that is being read when you attempt this is corrupted or a huge amount of data is being stored in the session data files or something about the specific session data is causing the code to loop forever (does the page eventually load or do anything after a 30-60 second timeout?)

4) About 6-12 other things that could be causing the problem, but without any specific symptoms to pin down which direction to look, no one can really specifically help with.

You haven't exactly provided any specific information in this thread that would help pin down what is happening. Have you checked that none of your script files have been altered by a hacker? Have you looked at where your session data is being stored to see if there is anything unusual about how many session data files there are or what size they are or how much free space there is on that disk? Have you checked any of the server logs to see if there are relevant error messages?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.