The best language for automation?

BRADERY

I've been using php for about 2 years now, creating scripts to automate things such as creating myspace accounts, scripts to automate adding applications to a myspace profile, accepting myspace friend requests, automating things in applications on both facebook and myspace, PHP has treated me well, running all of the scripts I create in the CLI, I have not once used PHP for web design and I know that is its main purpose, I was just wondering if there was another language I should start to study that would be better in the long run for simple automation like the things mentioned above, also file manipulation on the computer but mostly for automating things online.

Here are some videos of scripts similar to the ones I use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8Oix5Zcm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNt8ldkReE

So tl;dr: Im just curious as to what other languages would be better for automation,. Thanks

Just about any of the so called scripting languages would suffice. Perl, Python, Ruby or whatever. If PHP is working for you I don't see any real reason to swap though, but it's always good to get a few languages under your belt. Python is a favorite of mine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.