PHP & MySQL bit-flags

aharvilla

This has to do with a MySQL Result object, and the syntax goes like this $result -> flags. It returns a number which i am trying to associate with specific functions I have written to actually format and verify if the specific value in a specific row matches the criteria when entering/leaving the DB. Is there anyone who knows where i can find a list to associate with the number returned by this property call?

I apologize, sometimes i can be vague. I am doing a simple query to my DB.

$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.%table_name%.' LIMIT 0,0');

My goal is to retrieve information about the specific fields of a table such as the maximum characters allowed to be placed in a field and so on.

I am using $fields = $result->fetch_fields();

Which in turn returns a mysqli result object.

I can then loop through the properties of the $fields and retrieve the information i am looking for.

The only problem is that when i do $fields -> flags, i get a bit-flag specific to the MYSQL language.

I am trying to map this number to a function essentially but i need to know what this number represents according to mysql but cannot find anything about it anywhere. Only the same examples on every website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.