Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JamieLee2k

Taking a PHP page from a website

There is a website that I know of that uses PHP to display some webpages and I was looking to get a few of them but since they are displayed as a webpage and not a .php file in the url I have no way of accessing the file to download, can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?

Thanks
JamieLee2k

[quote author=JamieLee2k link=topic=110583.msg447194#msg447194 date=1160060567]can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?[/quote]

So you want to get the source code of the PHP script!? If so, ask the webmaster to hand it to you - fortunately there is no other way.

Welcome to the forums.

The only way to really do what you're after is:

1) Contact the webmaster and ask for the file to be sent to you
2) If the files are publicly accessable, write a script that will get the content of the file and output it to the screen or save it to a file for you.

Either way, you've got to have permission from the server it is residing on to get at the file contents. That's the beauty of PHP: without server access, I can keep my code to myself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.