• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamieLee2k

JamieLee2k
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:02 PM

There is a website that I know of that uses PHP to display some webpages and I was looking to get a few of them but since they are displayed as a webpage and not a .php file in the url I have no way of accessing the file to download, can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?

Thanks
JamieLee2k

#2 JaGeK

JaGeK
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?

So you want to get the source code of the PHP script!? If so, ask the webmaster to hand it to you - fortunately there is no other way.

#3 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

Welcome to the forums.

The only way to really do what you're after is:

1) Contact the webmaster and ask for the file to be sent to you
2) If the files are publicly accessable, write a script that will get the content of the file and output it to the screen or save it to a file for you.

Either way, you've got to have permission from the server it is residing on to get at the file contents. That's the beauty of PHP: without server access, I can keep my code to myself.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users