Please review kokyunage.net! Thank you....

Remi

http://www.kokyunage.net/

What do you think of the layout?
How do you immediately feel upon entering the site?
How what viseral reactions do you have to the headlines?
What do you think of the site overall?
Where could improvements be made?
How would you pronounce 'kokyunage'?

Constructive criticism only, please.

Thanks!  :D

-Remi

[quote author=Remi link=topic=110733.msg448235#msg448235 date=1160164023]
What do you think of the layout?
How do you immediately feel upon entering the site?
How what viseral reactions do you have to the headlines?
What do you think of the site overall?
Where could improvements be made?
[/quote]
hmm it's clean enough, i guess, but due to the dominance of the gooooooooooooooogle ads, it looks more like an advert factory rather than a website with a purpose. but considering all it really is is a blog, and the default google blogspot templates look nicer, nothing really stands out as...well anything. it needs some variety in there, perhaps a nice backdrop or images or something. and seriously, lose the ads or at least cut them down.

[quote author=Remi link=topic=110733.msg448235#msg448235 date=1160164023]
How would you pronounce 'kokyunage'?
[/quote]
you really dont want to know.

overall, its not awful. its just a tad bland.

Cheers
Mark

[quote]i guess, but due to the dominance of the gooooooooooooooogle ads, it looks more like an advert factory rather than a website with a purpose.[/quote]
Exactly my first impressions. I couldnt have put it better.

Your areas - left, google ads, main center text need more definement. I think if you choose different text for your google ads, to make the text a little lighter, so they fade into the background more it would be better.
Currently I dont want to click on any links as they have the same <a href> colour as the google ads.

Your navigation is complely nonexistant and needs some background colour etc. to make it noticable.

It is nice how the story opens up when clicking on a story - but then all I see is more google ads!!!

LOL is the place gone crazy with google ads????? Like they are appearing here in phpfreaks and all!! which I am not too impressed with either.

Rgds,
-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.