Is Word Press just a template company?

Matt B

Hi,

I have heard of Word Press but it seems to me they just supply templates for web sites. I am designing my web site using PHP, MySQL with DreamWeaver so Word Press is not useful to me, right?

Any other opinions...advice...

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi,

I have heard of Word Press but it seems to me they just supply templates for web sites. I am designing my web site using PHP, MySQL with DreamWeaver so Word Press is not useful to me, right?

Any other opinions...advice...

Thanks,

Matt.

Wordpress is a open source Content Management System(CMS). Wordpress is basically for creating blogs but you can easily develop website by customizing it. Wordpress websites are search- engine friendly too. My many websites are wordpress based.

It would make your life a heck of a lot easier.  The user interface, means a lot less coding, and you can always use Dreamweaver to edit the theme (template) or plugins you're using.  You can grab a theme and a few plugins and have a great site up and running in a few minutes, then just edit until you've perfected it how you want it. 

But then again, I'm just a huge WP fan, so I'm sure others have their own opinions.  Either way, it's worth checking out due to its prevalence.

IMO, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etcetera are all just a way to get the job of webmastering done more quickly and.... lazily.  Most that decide to use Wordpress and such fall into one of either categories

- The person is intelligent enough to click through steps to create a website

- The person is too lazy to reinvent the wheel and suckers for a prefinished one.

And lastly,

If you haven't the slightest clue of what HTML is, you most likely have no understanding of the descriptions above

Most of the advantages of wordpress has already been mentioned, I just want to add - in my case its the user admin that counts.

I do web design too and with WP, now my client can change the contents all by themselves so I can be even lazier  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.