What Is An Optimal Way for Users to Subscribe to My Blog?

chaseman

I have a Twitter where I let everybody know about new updates like new posts for example, but people seem to not prefer Twitter (or maybe they're watching me with Tweetdeck but not really following me).

I've also a RSS feature, but I don't have a counter, so I don't know how many people make use of it.

I do not have a newsletter, I think about making use of one, but I think it would require more time writing, and I'd rather spend the time developing. :D

I'm asking this question because I'm suspecting that a lot of people come to my website because they have bookmarked it and instead of having them come back all the time to see if there's a new post I'd rather have them get updates and come to my website based on the updates.

Is there an optimal way anyway?

I think I should continue using Twitter, I should add a counter for the RSS, so I know how many people subscribed, and I also should make use of a newsletter together with a subscription counter.

I think what I also should do is implement a Facebook Like button and a Facebook Fan Page, don't under-estimate Facebook ;)

Any more suggestions? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.