Is PHP working?

I am pretty confused as to if php is running on my machine or not. I have installed XAMPP on a mac (snow leopard). I can set up databases, run localhost/php myadmin all OK. Here's the strange thing....I have a flash AS3 file that gets data from a mysql db through a php file. When XAMPP has not been started this AS3 file, as expected, won't work, but when XAMPP is on the file runs OK. This would indicate to me that PHP is set up and running. The strange thing is that when I try to upload something to that db from the flash file, it won't work. I tried a simple html/php form setup to upload something to the db and that flips out my browser completely (it keeps opening new windows until I force quit it). Anyone have any idea of why my AS3 file works and gets the data through the php file but all other indications are that php is not working???

If you can access phpmyadmin then php IS working. That makes this a PHP Coding question, not an install question.

I would post your question in the third party scripts board seeing as it doesn't sound like you wrote this code yourself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.