Client website - thehosting.me

Fadion

Hi guys.

Just a few days ago I finished a hosting website for a client, which is actually still in a "beta" phase. We're still testing the site for any bugs and problems, but it looks and functions the way it should. It has a custom CMS powering the articles, hosting packets, knowledge base, etc. Also, I did a lot of design work on the WHMCS part to fully integrate it with the new design.

Critiques and suggestions are highly welcomed.

The site is: http://www.thehosting.me/

Excellent site.  Eye catching professional design that matches the business model well.  My only complaint is that it is exceedingly slow but with that said, I'm on the US West coast, so latency may be the problem, or this just may be on a low bandwidth test server.  I would personally use some rewrite rules to have "seo friendly" urls that hide the php controllers, but that may also be something you are planning to add.

+1 to liking it.

I noticed when you click on the language box all 4 borders are rounded on the dropdown items. Perhaps only rounding the top left/right and bottom left/right borders of the top and bottom items (did that make sense?)

Also, when on the /news page and I was scrolled all the way to the top, clicking on a news item scrolls me to the bottom. Looks strange, not sure if that's supposed to happen.

Perhaps when you mouseover the Twitter, Facebook and other icons they can change to their colored counterparts. Something simple like that is often a nice touch, and would make them stand out great against that lighter background color.

You've styled your input boxes for the login box that appears but not the login button. It just looks ugly like that. Perhaps add a nice gradient too it and maybe a hover change as well to give it some flare.

I didn't look around everywhere but it is a really nice site. Loaded quick for me, so that was no problem. Good job, I applaud you. :)

@gizmola. Thnx, glad u like it. Strange it's slow on your site, as the server running the site is quite a machine (2x quad core, 24GB RAM). Even if it's hosted in Europe, latency shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, I'll ask the client to investigate it. As for hiding the controllers, you mean making a url like: /plans/web-hosting/ to just /web-hosting/? That would be difficult as I wouldn't know what the controller is :)

@ProjectFear. You're right on the social media icons and login button. A bit lazy on my part, but will fix them asap. As for the news page, it's supposed to smooth scroll on a news item (when clicked). A simple anchor system that uses hashes (/news/#news-item). Not sure what happened at your side, but if it didn't scroll to a news item, I'll have to check my Javascript.

Thanks for the input guys.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.