Any Tips How to Collab with a Coder?

chaseman

Even though I'm coding myself and have decent front-end skills, I'm between beginner and intermediate when it comes to PHP.

I'm looking to collab with a coder who has more skills when it comes to designing applications. My idea is as follows, create applications which do not require huge amount of long term resources (e.g. time, money, effort) and turn those applications into profit-makers.

My tasks would be:

- SEO & Marketing

- Designing of the website

- Managing of the website

- Basically trying to make the site a success and drive traffic

- I also can take over the parts where basic PHP is needed like login and registration forms

Since here are many intermediate and expert coders, I'd like to hear from your perspective what would be a good way to find somebody who'd agree to collab on small projects with a small bugdet and then split the profit?

Would you recommend sites like Linkedin?

Do you think this plan makes even sense, or do you think most coders want instant cash? I'm not looking for an expert, just somebody who is decent.

Any suggestions?

Just trying to work on (smaller) projects, make things happen and escalate from there.

Yeah makes sense, though I'm from a not so big town in Germany, I don't know anybody with similar interests around here. But I think I may have a way to find someone, I'd have to take a class at community college in programming and may get in contact with people that way.

Why not place an advert in your local newspapers if they have a job section or do you have a specific publication that people pick up when looking for employment.

It is definately worth employing someone who if not local is within a reasonable distance in case you need to meet up. I'm guessing that you have job websites that you can post on for your country. A long distance working relationship may be difficult to manage from personal experience, especially if they are from another country and have different working practices / hours.

You definately need to look for someone who has a portfollio of work they can show to you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.